Baked Salmon & Asparagus with Bruschetta Sauce
This quick & simple meal is not only delicious, it’s also packed with nutrients. The salmon provides protein & omega-3 fatty acids while the asparagus give us vitamins A, C, E, K, B6, folate, iron, calcium and fiber!
Trader Joe’s fresh bruschetta sauce, made from tomatoes, basil & virgin olive oil, makes the perfect marinade with a fresh-from-the-garden taste!
BAKED SALMON & ASPARAGUS WITH BRUSCHETTA SAUCE
Makes 2 servings.
All ingredients purchased @ Trader Joe's.
2 salmon fillets (4 oz. each)
12 ounces (one package) asparagus
½ cup fresh Trader Joe’s bruschetta sauce (refrigerated section)
black pepper, to taste
½ avocado, diced
OPTIONAL SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
2 Persian cucumbers, diced
1 tablespoon Trader Giotto’s Glaze (this is Trader Joe’s version of balsamic glaze)
2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
1) Preheat oven to 375°F & position the rack in the middle of the oven.
2) Place a large sheet of foil on a baking sheet. The foil must be large enough to fold over and seal.
3) Place the salmon on one side of the baking sheet & asparagus on the other side.
4) Season salmon & asparagus with black pepper.
5) Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bruschetta sauce and pour the rest over the salmon & asparagus.
6) Fold the foil over and seal well.
7) Cook 15-20 minutes, until fish is cooked through. (Cooking time depends on the thickness of fish.)
8) Place one fillet and half the asparagus on each plate.
9) Top with diced avocado and reserved bruschetta sauce. Enjoy!
OPTIONAL SAUCE DIRECTIONS:
1) Combine the Greek yogurt, diced cucumbers & balsamic glaze in a small container.
2) Spoon sauce over the fish, or enjoy it on the side.